To be honest, I really don’t like to give Presents that I didn’t make by myself. When I make handmade presents that I have a connection too, I feel much less like participating in the consume hustle. For this I want to share a quick knit hat that I designed for my love and is done in one evening. I wrote the pattern as quick as it is knitted. I apologize for any mistakes, the pattern is not proof-written 🙂
- Circular or double point Needle 7mm and 8mm
- 1 skein of Lanartus Alpaca Merino (100m/ 100g)
- Pointless thick sewing needle
Cast on 56 stitches with 7mm Needles
Setup Row: yo, slip stitch purlwise, k1
1. Brioche Row: p2tog (yo & slip stitch), yo, slip stitch knitwise
2. Brioche Row: yo, slip stitch purlwise, k2tog (yo & slip stitch)
Repeat 1&2 Brioche Row 3 more times.
Change to 8mm Needle
10. Row: p2tog (yo & slip stitch) , k1
11. Row: *k7, m1* 8 times = 64 stitches
Next Row: k all stitches
Continue for 15 cm
Setup Row: k8, plm
1. Row: k until 2 st before m, k2tog, slm
2. Row: k all stitches
Repeat 1 & 2 Row 3 times. Then work only 1. Row until 8 stitches are left.
Cut Wool and go with sewing needle through all stitches.
Et voila! Your present is done!
I really like Merino-Alpaca from Lanartus because it’s a very soft natural wool that is not too pricy. But you can use any other Wool in this Gauge as you like.
And like this it looks like when I am wearing it 😉
Happy New Year